Thursday, April 3, 2008

Long time no post!

Sorry I haven't been blogging. Too much going on and honestly not the energy to do it!

Well my big news is that I am 2 pounds from my weight watchers goal! I am down 13 lbs since January 1st. I feel better. My clothes are fitting better. I am proud of myself! I was always the "skinny" girl growing up. Even accused of being anorexic. Then since marriage and motherhood the weight has been slowing staying on. I have never had to lose weight so I didn't know what to do.I never considered my eating habits awful but they could definitely have been better. I have never been a big veggie or fruit eater and since having children I do tend to finish alot of their stuff. I was hesitant to start WW b/c my mother became a little obsessive about it and I didn't want that to happen to me. I do like the flexibility it provides. My mantra has been, "I am not depriving myself. I'm limiting myself!"

work has been crazy! We had a nice little break with low census but acuity was still high. We have some of the greatest families right now. I hate to get attached to people when unfortunately alot of these kids are most likely going to die. Bad diagnosis, nice family. Does that happen in the adult world also?

4 comments:

Bev said...

yes, it happens int he adult world too!! Some of the best people to meet are the ones with chronic, life threatening diagnoses.

Christie said...

Congrats on losing the weight. That's a big deal. Its hard to stick to it, so good for you.

Musicmom-Amy said...

Hooray for the weight loss! I don't think I can even tell you nurses what you do is AMAZING!!! You truly are the "heart" of the hospitals.

Cassie said...

CONGRATS on teh weight loss. I need to get back on that.

**waving**