Sunday, March 18, 2007

Survived the weekend

work was not awful this weekend! Saturday until about 1 pm was kick A** but then it settled and was actually very nice. My patient came back from transplant surgery about 0630 so I had all the drips to start, lines to hang, orders to clean up, meds to start, etc. It was just non-stop and he was a sedation NIGHTMARE! I think he was having withdrawal symptoms 3/4 of the day. But it was what ICU nursing is all about! By the time I left Saturday night, his bed was clean, lines labeled, orders updated, pumps tagged and the bedside was stocked! Not too bad! Today was better. he did really well overnight and tolerated turning, CPT and suctioning q2 which I was nervous about. He also did not seem like he was withdrawing any more so I think he is in a better place! LOL!

It was kind of funny though. Dr. LS was trying to smoosh me a little. He tells me that I'm a really good nurse (of course!) and then says something about not letting the politics get to me. I said," I learned a long time ago that there are things much more important to me than this place. Yes the politics bug me and I wish I didn't have to deal with them and I try not to as much as possible. But unfortunately they are here. Ultimately I am here for the kids. Don't care who the doctor is, don't care who the surgeon is. I'm here for my patient's and thats that." He just nodded his head. I think ultimately he is trying but he really is not an administrative type and he is being put in that role. Arrogant yes. But I think he means well. G-dog and AP can go to hell for all I care but I will always give my best to their patient's. And then in about 5 years, when the new hospital opens, I won't have to deal with them.

Off tomorrow so am looking forward to that. Eric got all the laundry done and folded but I have to put it away and then have to do some cleaning. The house is just messy. Hope to also exercise a little. coming out of the funk a little!

No comments: