Thursday, September 6, 2007

An upbeat kinda day?!

After the last post had to update and show anyone reading my life is not total chaos! Just a little!

Wednesday was a much better day! Still had a little kink in my neck but the headache was much more bearable. Started cleaning up the pool area to close up the pool this weekend. Unfortunately the pool looks awful b/c DH has not gotten chemicals for it in over a week and Tuesday we had to spend $200 on car parts ( and BTW the car still isn't running but this is supposed to be upbeat! :)) But got DS off the bus and we hung out, had lunch, did his reading and practiced letter flashcards. Went outside and played for a little while.

Today I went back to work and got updated on the kids from the weekend. The one unresponsive 15-yr old went to the floor and is doing fine. Probably just heat exhaustion (scary stuff). The other baby ended up dying on Tuesday. Very sad. But today I had an orientee with me and she did all the work so I got to actually work on a project that I have been trying to get done for over 3 years! We had this adorable little girl to take care of. She will have life-long medical problems but she is with a foster family that is trying to adopt her and love her to pieces!

Today is also hubby's 39th birthday. We didn't do anything today since I forgot and signed up to work! OOPS! We are going to dinner tomorrow night and then Saturday we have a wedding to go to so that will be fun. The wedding is about an hour away so we have a sitter coming over for the night so we don't have to drive. Should be a blast!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

You have a pool??? soooo jealous.

I odn't know how you do your job, I would get so attached. I cry when one of my daycare kids move on.

Lisa said...

yes we have a pool and it is wonderful even with all the work it takes. It has gotten easier every year though!

I love my job and I do get attached to some of the kids. I just always remind myself that I see a very small percentage of the kids in the world!