Thursday, January 3, 2008

A New Year

Can't believe the holidays are over! Actually had a really great time but it goes so fast. Christmas Eve with the in-laws was nice. I could tell M was a little on edge but it was fine. I'm not one to hold grudges so lets just move on. I was afraid MIL would be over compensating about the potential awkwardness but she wasn't bad. all the kids got along great which I think helped immensely!

Christmas morning was a whirlwind time. the kids had us up by 0715 and all the presents were open in 20 minutes. They were very excited about Santa's presents. this will definitely be the last year that G believes though. She has asked a ton of questions and has continued to ask them. I almost feel like she is trying to trip me up! I'm tempted to just tell her but we'll see. The rest of Christmas Day was nice because we just hung out at home. Its the first time in years that I wasn't working or we weren't getting ready to head to the airport. Very relaxing. Played with the new printer, the Wii and the new iPod for G. Actually figured out how to have two iTunes libraries on my computer. Felt good about that since I am so clueless!

Headed to parent's on the 27th. Very few hang-ups. Always feels good to be home. Sis #2 and her family came home Friday morning. Then had the best surprise. DH flew in and surprised us! I was shocked when I turned around and there he was! My whole family was in on it! So it was really special b/c my mom had everyone home for her 60th birthday. We then went beyond her expectations for her birthday. We got her this Santa print that she has wanted for awhile and she cried then. Then we broke the news that DBIL, the chef, prepared a gourmet meal for her birthday dinner. Let me tell you it was the best steak I have ever had! Melted in my mouth! I even ate asparagus!

Saturday was DSIL's baby shower. It was at the West Mtn Inn. I had never been there and it was beautiful! Wish I had had my wedding reception there. SIL was very happy about it. It was nice. My two aunts and cousin came up also. My aunt just got married at the age of 54 and she so deserves the happiness she is living with right now. She has had a really tough life and she was just giddy! So fun!

Work on the 31st and 1st. Same old, same old. Really busy and really sick kids. Some I really wonder what we are doing with them. They are just not getting better and haven't been for months! Two babies listed for heart transplants. Say little prayers for them.

Spent the past two days relaxing with my children. Played the Wii. Beat my son in golf! Didn't do too badly with bowling either. Cleaned up the house a little. Tomorrow have to start working on getting the trees down. As much as I love putting them up I dread taking them down. A little sad but always such a mess!

No comments: