Went back to work today after vacation and had a nice day. Took care of a little boy 12days older than my son but twice as big! He is going to need to be strong so I guess its a good thing.
Learned more interesting facts about the Heart Center. We are still a combined unit in staff at this point but they are in discussion for us to split. Well found out today since they do not have their own cost center for the CTICU they show all this revenue but no expenses! Can you believe it! And they tout about what a big program they are and how they make the hospital all this money when in actuality the most expensive part of the care is not billed to them! They really make me sick!
Also it was confirmed today that I am soooooooo glad I did not become a part of the focus group planning how the staff will be split. The new director has been making promises, or maybe just stretching the truth, about certain things and it is exploding in her face. I don't know why people think they can pull the wool over our eyes and get away with it. First of all we are Type A, detail oriented, fact-gathering, ICU nurses! We are not dumb and will not just bend over and take the smoke they are trying to blow up our a$$! Can you tell how sick of this I am?!
But for some good news, the PICU has the biggest team for the Dash for Donation from the hospital! so excited! I actually ran my first 3 miles outside last night and I survived! I have some shin splints this evening but overall feel pretty good. I know I can do the run no matter what now! As long as it is not 100 degrees with 100% humidity!
1 comment:
So glad to leave nursing to you younger girls!
PS: You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details!
Post a Comment