In April I went on a Girls Trip to Paradise Island, Bahamas in honor of my upcoming 40th birthday. We stayed at the RIU Paradise Island, an all-inclusive. It was alot of fun. Went with my friends Larissa, Sarah and Meg. We had a nice relaxing time! Good food. Good drinks and lots of sun! Too much for me on the first day but I would do it all again.
May was my 40th but unfortunately my husband bought me these relighting candles and we almost burnt down the house so I have no pictures! Grace got so scared she ran out of the room.
May and June were busy with softball and tee-ball. The kids had fun playing and both made improvements over last year.
July we traveled to Myrtle Beach for Graces' dance competition. We stayed at Ocean's One and it was so nice! The beach was great! We had never been there and I was so worried it would be really dirty and crowded. It so exceeded my expectations! We can't wait to go back.
See that big black slide in the back. I actually rode that thing! ONLY once! That was enough!
Then the end of July I organized a team for the unit to participate in the Dash for Donation. It was tons of fun! We had special tee-shirts made and were the biggest hospital team to participate. I ran my first 5K! I completed it in 34minutes. Better than I had even hoped
.
Maria Wolfe and I. Her son Jason was a patient I took care of and he was part of the domino transplant that made the news a couple of years ago. Unfortunately he died this past year. At his funeral was all sorts of pictures of him and his family at past Dash for Donation races and they inspired me to organize this team challenge. It was pretty emotional seeing her but I'm so glad I did.
In August was the family reunion in NY. Always a good time! Got to meet my new nephew for the first time! He was so worth the wait!
Luckily school started the end of August and life has kind of returned to normal. The kids are enjoying school. both like their teachers. I have to say I am enjoying having the days to myself again! I can't say I am getting as much done as I would like but its been fun anyway.
We suffered the consequences of Ike and lost power from September 14-20th. Today we spent all day getting the yard cleaned up. Hubby and I are soooooo sore!



And now I am getting ready to be the Honor Attendant for my best friend Larissa. She is getting married in May and I couldn't be happier for her! We finally picked our bridesmaid dresses. They will be an ice blue color and we are carrying red tulips. Should be stunning!
So that is what I did with my summer. It was busy and fun!
4 comments:
So good to read all about your past few months! Thanks for the photo-update!
Awesome update! Looks like one fun summer.
We did have a great summer!
Those dresses are gorgeous and thanks for the recap of your summer!
Post a Comment