Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Totally made my night!

I read this over on Charity Doc's (Fingers and Tubes in Every Orifice) blog and it so totally made my night! I'd like to meet that nurse and shake their hand!

Quote of the Night
Direct to you from last night's shift, wicked words of wisdom from Crack City ER's charge nurse to belligerent patient after polite attempts at diffusing a situation failed:

"Sir, as a nurse, I will clean your ass, I will wipe your ass, I will even stick my fingers up your ass. I will exhaust every effort to save your ass. BUT, I will NOT go so low as to kiss your ass. And rest assuredly, if you continue to piss me off, I will not hesitate to kick your ass! Now plant your ass down or I will take your temperature with my boot!"

4 comments:

Alicia said...

OMG... I have a few students I would LOVE to say that to at times! I bet my SIL (a charge nurse) would love to say that as well! Loved it!

Sandy said...

I'd like to apply that statment to some physicians I have had the not so fortunate experience of working with! I can handle any patient, it's those freakin MD's that get my goat! TFS!

Lisa said...

This still makes me laugh this morning! Glad you liked it!

Bev said...

Love it!! I need to print this off and remember it!