Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ramblings

Wow its been awhile since I blogged. Sorry!

The conference in Atlanta was great! Got alot of great ideas. The "company" I kept was okay. Very lowkey which is not always a bad thing but not really my type of people to hang out with. I was glad to get home!

This past week Matthew said something really funny. We were heading over to Hobby Lobby and there is a Game Stop store in that area. He has been there with DH a few weeks ago. So we are driving and he is in the back seat. He says, "Man I wish there was a Game Stop store around here. Oh Wait! there is a Game Stop store!" I laughed and said, "you knew perfectly well there was a Game Stop over here! You've been there with Daddy! Nice try." He gets this sheepish grin and says, "I know I was just trying to trick you mom!" Little bugger! then on Monday I forgot to put the note in his bag that he had to ride the bus to the sitter's. The teacher got a hold of Eric and confirmed it and she said that when she told matthew he gave her a big kiss on the cheek and then started pumping his fists in the air saying, "I knew I was right!" Too funny! He told DH that he was 'a little frustraterated" with me b/c I forgot to put the note in! Oh well start disappointing my children at an early age!

This past weekend we went to Michigan to see my bestest friend and her family. Griffin is 6 months old and this is the first I have been able to get up to see him! he is adorable and was worth the wait! He smiles constantly, is so content, only cries when he rolls over on to his belly and gets stuck! Even when he is hungry or tired he just grunts more or louder. Its so cute! Its great to see Laura as a mom also. She is so good at it and has waited so long for it that it was fun to watch. I also got my baby fix for awhile so that is a good thing!

Now back to reality and work. Joint Commision is in the house this week and I am in charge tomorrow. UGH!!! It just amazes me the things that I heard they were concerned about from the cath lab. They were unhappy that they didn't label their sterile basin that it was saline when they added it. So now we have to find some sterile markers so we can mark our fields. then they came up to the unit and wanted to follow one of our transplant patients. So of course they pick the patient that has spent more time in the hospital than out of it since her transplant! The nurse that had her also is not the most PC and when she was introduced to them she said, "We have to hurry this up b/c I have patient care to do." I thought our clinical educator was going to pass out! And on top of all that my manager was out at the beginning of the week b/c her mother died! When it rains it pours!

5 comments:

Bev said...

acckkk....JC is such a pain!!! But I think it is pretty funny that your co-worker would tell them she has more important stuff to do! hehehehe...I think JC sometimes forget what the main purpose of a hospital is.

Alicia said...

The JC is in Houston as well! Chuck says... you know, if you are doing it right, it isn't a big deal!

Oh yeah, I tagged you on my blog! Smooches!

UnsinkableMB said...

that's weird that you were in atlanta at the same time i was. i was in town to visit a friend and ran into a peds nurse at local establishment (which is how i found out about the conference). wish i could have checked it out.

Cracker Scraps said...

Ahh, good old JCAHO! One job that I had recently here in Podunkton (2002ish) the JC was expected to arrive May something. I felt guilty as I was planning to quit and could do so without notice. I wasn't going to do it until the OR DIRECTOR quit right before they came, so guess what I did....

shrimplate said...

"We have to hurry this bullshit up b/c I have a fucking lot of patient care to do."

Fixed the typos.